This spell is replaced by Monster Summoning III in SR.
Monster Summoning I
Range: 120 ft.
Duration: 2 rounds + 1 round/level
Casting Time: 4
Area of Effect: Special
Saving Throw: None
With the casting of this spell, the wizard summons a random selection of 3-HD monsters. There is a 60% chance of receiving one monster and a 40% chance of receiving two monsters. The monster(s) appear within spell range and attack the spellcaster’s opponents until the spell duration expires or until they are slain.